The Magical Pass that Connects Everything
🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁
Today, we’re launching a product that could mark a foundational shift in how we will interact with data technologies whenever we shop, bank, or simply “be” in the Web3 economy and beyond.
Rather than going 30-page deep into all the details about it, let me instead tell you why we built this, what it means to Web3, and more importantly, to the people of tomorrow like yourself.
This is a little story of what we call “Atadian Pass.”
Connecting value in the new information economy
By the time you finish this article, you’ll realize that Atadian Pass has the potential to enable all kinds of functionalities such as a pseudonymous ID card, universal loyalty card, credit card, and more…all from one single NFT.
Perhaps this is the first ever “[insert word here] card” in the form of an NFT that actually works (i.e. not just a picture linked to an IRL card…).
And it works precisely because of a specific way information is being sourced, packaged, and routed, connecting the right set of economic agents together.
But before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s start with why. 👇
🎯 Per our roadmap, Atadia’s mission is to help unlock Web3 economy’s full potential by harnessing the power of data science and collective wisdom.
🧪🔭 We envision a future where Web3 dApps build on top of or go beyond the limits of the services you currently see today on Web2 and IRL.
🏦 We want to see a robust, borderless credit system that reaches not just the wallets but also the voices of more people, no matter where or who they are.
📈 We want to see a capital market that can facilitate the flow of capital from the right set of investors to the right set of ventures more efficiently.
🛒 We want to see a new redesign of the digital marketing industry that works even better by rewarding consumers and producers more fairly.
And to get there there and add value beyond what the Big Data movement has already given to Web2, we need to solve a number of fundamental problems (see above).
More specifically, Atadia must also be able to connect buyers and sellers by capturing and serving information in a specific way.
Let’s take a look at one type of information that started it all: trust.
Our view is that Web3 doesn’t need to be entirely trustless and introducing trust here doesn’t necessarily equate complete violation of the Web3 ethos. Services that should be trustless can remain trustless, but for many other things, a bit of trust can make the Web3 experience more complete, mature, and familiar.
Atadia was born on Solana. Ask any Solana fan and you’ll quickly find that deep down, what they love about the Solana experience are the trusted connections we’ve made with each other 🤗.
What’s strangely special about this place is that it doesn’t matter where you’re from, what the color of your skin may be, or what your real names really are. It matters more how you conduct and carry your self, how you treat others, how you choose your communities and what your contributions to them are.
These behaviors and personas are what we call “reputation qualities.” They are a product of your actions and the collective opinions of the community. These reputation qualities are then attached to your “sometimes Lambo, sometimes broke” PFP, which serves as your pseudonymous identity.
And when reputation qualities and identity come together (like in the diagram above), a unit of trust eventually emerges and adds value to businesses and individuals that need it.
In real life, we typically judge a person based on first impressions, manners, encounters, rumors, and etc.
In Web2, a centralized system typically controls a process that carefully feeds/carves our perceptions. Some might even go so far as to argue that algorithms are already shaping our subsequent decisions, which is way beyond perception.
What about in Web3?
How would you facilitate the creation, maintenance, and usage of information like trust or other kinds of reputation qualities, preferences, or even identity without violating the Web3 ethos and end up creating a dystopian like in Black Mirror or in our novel “Lost City of Atadia” (comes out in the format of web serials, episodic style this July)?
Or in a less extreme and more practical scenario, how would you innovate and improve upon the information economy that has largely been created and dominated by giants like Google Analytics, Facebook, and e-commerce players with Fintech capabilities?
Can Atadia and our community do better? If so, how?
A Pass built with a Web3 Ethos Compass
As with most questions in life, the answer to any question is somehow always “JPEG.” 😂
In a nutshell, we work hard to help pack a specific set of information about a user into a nice, compact, and cool looking NFT. This NFT then enables benefits for both the Pass members and the dApps and projects in the ecosystem.
💰 Credit through our Atadian Lending Lab and ⚪️ whitelist tokens allocations for users of certain characteristics (creditworthy, reputable, mint lovers, and diamond handers among many) are among a few examples.
And this is not just an extensive exercise in Web3 for Web3’s sake. As to how this adds value beyond what we’re used to in Web2, see these design choices below 👇
✅ Self-sovereignty but not entirely self-service
As a community member (“user”) in Web2, your identity and reputation are often platform-defined, platform-controlled, and thus are neither owned nor easily transferable. So as an average user, all the communal goodwill built-up from your 3,480 interactions on Facebook over the past 10 years will be lost forever when you delete your account.
We believe that individuals should have sole and whole ownership and control of your chosen self and all of the credentials and benefits this confers.
This means that unlike in other realms, your on-chain identity — anonymous, pseudonymous, doxxed or undoxxed (Atadia respects the choice to remain anonymous)— is freely composable and portable, allowing you to autonomously travel across Web3 to work, play, learn, earn and experience the emerging metaverse with a ledger of your on-chain activities and transactions, and any off-chain information that you choose to reveal.
And no, self-sovereignty does not mean that everyone now has to log their own Brownie points or fire up a notebook to crunch numbers on 100+ dimensions about yourself. Even if you could, it probably will not work. Many reputation qualities like creditworthiness or prosocial behavior should not be defined or assigned by yourself.
For Web3 information economy to scale, this process can be demanding on protocols and DAOs but it cannot be demanding on the individual users.
✅ Decentralized but not disparate
While self-sovereignty in Web3 represents a quantum leap forward and liberation from the shackles of Big Tech and Web2, the nature of decentralization means that your reputation and preferences are by definition disparate, contextual, and community specific; the more communities in which you participate and have a vested interest (i.e. skin-in-the-game), the more fragmented and contextual your reputation qualities will be.
So as an upstanding multi-community Web3 citizen, how can you aggregate all of your contributions to present a full and accurate picture of your reputation qualities?
To date, there has been no convenient way to do this as reputation rewards (typically in the form of platform tokens) across independent communities are non-fungible and non-transferable. So there is no easy way to realize any benefit or goodwill from your heroic contributions and unyielding loyalty to the Excited Mammal Vessel Club DAO on a new DeFi x NFT lending protocol or even to obtain a WL spot for a highly coveted upcoming mint.
✅ Dynamic, collective, and non-transferable
Some types of information like reputation and trust can be subjective. People change. On top of this, the 1–1 link between information and the exact identity the data originated from must remain in tact.
So for all of this to work, information stored on the Pass should be computed and assigned in a collectively acceptable and technically reasonable fashion. It also should be dynamic and non-transferable.
PFPscore is a great example. This all-in-one trust metric involves community-voted input (dimensions of reputation), graph-like crowdsourced information (Atadian Handshake and rug/scam reports), and objective data (history of defaults). PFPscore must also be reasonably up-to-date and tied to the right identity to be useful.
On collectivity, we learned from our community that something like trust or credit has to be earned and observed through time.
People want to BUIDL from the ground up on a level playing field. So don’t be surprised if your PFPscore starts low (nobody starts higher than 40/100). We’re early. Months ago we were still anons. No reason for someone to start at 90 on the first day.
Details on scoring for version zero here.
Hence, Atadian Pass follows the above principles and provides the solution by packing all of your on-chain footprints (off-chain if you choose to) and skins-in-the-game across every community and platform to which you contribute into a single NFT.
With Atadian Pass in your main wallet, your reputation qualities and whatever makes you “you” stays with you. The more wallets you connect with Atadia, the more complete this picture becomes. In the future, we aim to help link unconnected wallets with our Web-of-Wallets algorithms.
No more inputting username and password for the 10,000th time.
What does this all mean?
🎯 If you’ve read this far and want to be part of this exciting journey, join us by minting the pass here.
By minting Atadian Pass today, you get a head start in BUIDLing your reputation qualities, become eligible through your conduct, and enjoy the perks that come with it 🔥🔥.
- Your Web3 gateway — Single point ownership and access to all Atadia generated information about you based on on-chain and/or off-chain data beginning with PFPscore (an all-encompassing trust score), Credit Score (from our own Web3 credit risk engine), Background Check (crowdsourced), Diamond Hand Score (highly sought after among new projects), and more to come!;
- Multitude of uses — Apps/Platforms/Projects can more easily provide you with tailored WL opportunities, credit and retail offers, Web3 job opportunities, safer P2P trading, and more. Immediately, you will be able to ‘swipe’ Atadian Pass to get credit from Atadia Lending Lab and build XP points for access privileges on our WL tool.
- Own and monetize — Self-sovereignty of your reputation and identity is not just a high-minded Web3 ideal, but one that offers real earning opportunity. As an Atadian Pass member, you will earn a share of the fee from each third party check of your information, all of which can only be performed with your permission;
- Loyalty pays — Atadian Pass unlocks access to all current and future Atadia services and automatically qualifies you for our XP Rewards loyalty program. Being EARLY matters here too since you start clocking in XP with length of relationship with our program.
🎯 If you are projects and businesses => this means that Atadia can help you do better at allocating WL, customizing offers to users, targeting the right group of buyers, and offering more value to the right set of customers. Contact us for batch data request, services, and/or API pricing & documentation.
🎯 For Team Atadia => this means we have a lot of work 😂
- Continue our roadmap to ingest and build metrics that matter, including Web2 data (primary focus on credit and NFT shopping/minting personas)
- Grow adoption on both sides of the market to expand adoption, utility and perks to Atadian Pass members
- Engage with the community on issues such as product improvement, data privacy, and community-voted metrics
- Explore the concept of “tokenized data” (representing data not as metadata but as tokens) and “tokenized loyalty points”
- Explore the concept of doing analytics in a more transparent, permisionless, verifiable way without killing our competitive advantage
🎯 As for our OG Atadians holders => this article simply means “LFG 🚀” and 🙏 for your valuable support and big 🧠 input always.
- Atadian Pass is an all-in-one, shape-shifting, data-filled NFT card that can unlock an endless range of possibilities such as being a pseudonymous ID card, loyalty card, credit card, and more while keeping the nature of these products/services we are familiar with as “Web3-like” as possible.
- Atadian Pass members enjoy myriads of benefits from the reputation qualities they’ve built (WL opps, better credit/shopping offers, and more) and they also earn a fee cut whenever their data is requested.
- Atadian Pass is not a “2nd collection.” Rather, it is a nontransferable product that you would want to have because of its intrinsic utility. You cannot list, trade, move it, or buy it elsewhere. Anyone can mint at any time for a small price. Supply is unlimited as long as there are people coming to Web3.
- We design Atadian Pass with the Web3 ethos in mind while ensuring key functionalities (you have sovereignty over your own conduct/reputation/data, integrations are reasonably on-chain, composability and portability).
- Atadian Pass is one way to bring revenue to Atadia Treasury and builds a foundation for demand for our data services, ultimately benefiting OG Atadians NFT holders who earn and hold $ATA 🤝
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
What is Atadia?
Trust and Reputation. Credit Scores. Consumer Preferences.
Familiar concepts IRL but nascent within Web3, and this is where Atadia comes in. Atadia began as a novel, blossomed into pencil-drawn NFTs, and has since evolved into a solid community. As a company powered by data science and crowd-sourced knowledge, we are your gateway into trust and commerce analytics for the Web3 economy.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —